Dr Preston will retire as of 12/31/2014
- Current patients have been referred to various subspecialists or general
orthopaedic surgeons as required/desired.
- Dr Webster may continue to provide continuity of care for my patients with
problems in his practice areas of expertise. Our Medical Assistants will
contact you as required. Call Jeannee at 786-9992 for questions.
- Dr Preston is a founding member of our practice partnership
working in Reno since 1995. He currently is on staff at Renown Medical
Center, St. Mary's Regional Medical Center, and Northern Nevada Medical
Center, and acts as a consultant at Renown Rehabilitation Center.
- Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery since 1997.
Recertified in 2007.
- Membership American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
Orthopaedic Trauma Association,
American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- Trauma/Fracture surgery with specialized training at the
Maryland Institute for Emergency Medicine Services/Shock Trauma Center.
Member of the Renown Medical Center Orthopaedic Trauma Panel and
Assurance committee member. Special interest in pelvic and acetabular
- Spinal surgery with
expertise and experience in- anterior low back/ neck fusions using cages,
rods, and plates; posterior low back/neck fusions with or without
rods/screws; microscopic herniated disc surgery; vertebroplasty/kyphoplasty;
and bracing or surgical
treatment for scoliosis. Member Renown Spine Trauma Panel
- Performs over 300 surgeries per year.
- I firmly believe that every patient should be entitled
to the time required to completely evaluate and discuss a treatment plan
with their physician. No patient should leave my office without a good
understanding of what their diagnosis/problem is, how we will approach
treatment and what options are available. I always consider surgery a last
resort unless non-surgical treatment carries a greater risk of harm. Patients
always make the final decisions on treatment plan based on solid scientific
medical data. Second opinions are encouraged.
- Personal interests include golf, skiing, playing guitar,
study of history, and cartography.
- Served in the US Navy 1977-1983 aboard ballistic missile
submarine Andrew Jackson and guided missile destroyer Kidd. Instructor at
Fleet Training Center, Norfolk.
- Family- married, 3 children
Monday-surgery 7:30am- noon. Office
for fracture clinic 1:00pm to 4:00pm. Most patients admitted for spine
fusions, joint replacements
will have surgery Monday am.
Tuesday- surgery 7:30am- finish
Wednesday- office hrs 8:00am-12 noon.
Thursday- outpatient/day surgery
Friday- office hrs 8:00am-12 noon
Email Dr Preston mailto:email@example.com